Serpents Under my Feet



This turned out to be a great week...the only thing missing was the opportunity to be in fellowship with God's people worshipping Him, today. I have to go it alone, today; but alone time with God is quite awesome, too. I love it when He answers my questions, or teaches me through the Word, when I'm still long enough to hear His direction.

One of the reasons my week was more special than usual, was that I had a chance to see what God will do when I really live by my motto (Exodus 14:14), rather than interfering in His business and trying to vindicate myself. I KNOW (in my mind) that God has my back, and has everything under control; however, holding fast to that knowledge in my innermost being is not always easy. It's those times when your character has been trampled underfoot (by those who should be defending your name [Psalm 41:9, 55:12,13]) without any just cause--because you know you have done nothing wrong, that self attempts to rise up and repair the damage. It's hard not to seek out the people that you know are listening to the lies and telling them your side of the story. But, if you want to see the power of God in the matter, you must "hold your peace" only then will you see that "God will fight for you". 

And, that's what happened this week. For months, I have been enduring the nasty, petty and often downright mean behavior of others, only to have them paint a picture (to others) of me
as the offender. I got a call late one night from someone who had listened to this version of me (as the offender). But, it just seemed " off" to her, knowing how I handle conflict. Thank God for consistency. She knew that I don't let things fester, and that I make every attempt to resolve conflict; so, that conversation didn't feel "right" to her, and she had been bothered by it all week. Only then did I explain why it had not been resolved, and she told me what I said clarified things, and she felt better knowing what was really true.

I am thankful that God used her to show me (one more time!) His power to vindicate me...without my help. Does it hurt that only one person has bothered to question whether or not they have actually heard the truth? Well, of course; I'm human. Still, today, I'm overflowing with joy because not only does God have my back, but He is gracious enough to prove it to me, every now and then. 

As hard as some people have tried to destroy my character, over the years, God always brings me out and vindicates me. It may not happen immediately, or even all at once, but I'm okay with the trying of my faith...it's working for my good. While a few work against me, God is working for me; and in holding my peace, I'm trampling some serpents under my feet. I awakened with the 91st Psalm on my mind... I guess that's why. I needed to see the importance of holding my peace, and what it accomplishes. It binds my enemies under my feet. That way they have no control, and are rendered helpless! All they have is talk...they can huff and puff but they cannot blow down this temple, not while God is fighting for me.





Who wouldn't serve a God like mine...He's simply AMAZING.

I'm thankful for "shut-mouth" grace...Lord, give me more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does My Hate Have to Match Your Hate?

Who's a Failure???

Oh, that Fire, that Tongue, that Tongue...