THUGS IN THE KINGDOM

"And from the days of John the Baptist until now, the Kingdom of Heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force." (Matthew 11:12, NKJV)



Do you have a little bit of "thug" in you? If so, don't fret. Thugs, are in good company! Jesus' disciples were a bunch of "rough around the edges" guys--for the most part. They could get a little rough--they fought among one another about who would be first in the Kingdom. They were ordinary folk, who weren't always the best at controlling the negative emotions that arose. I don't know about you, but I can identify with them. It is a battle, to control (bring under subjection) my body--my tongue, my desire to fight against those who hurt me or those that I love. There was a time, when I didn't put much effort into controlling those things; the attitudes, anger, meanness rose up and manifested easily, and without much restraint. I grew up in church--a "pew baby", but although I had met Jesus--I didn't really know Him, so I found myself entangled in battles that I did not have to fight.



There is a battle, that I must be engaged in--fighting as a strong warrior for Christ. You see, like it or not, the Kingdom of God does, indeed suffer violence--what will we do about it? We live in times, much like the disciples (under Roman domination), where the thing that God abhors is the thing that people love, and the things of God are despised by this world. The battle is in choosing God, in spite of the world's influence. The battle is not against the people who sin, and come against us, "but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:12). "High places" has nothing to do with "flesh and blood" but refers to "the aerial heavens, where the power or posse of devils reside, and where they are above us, over our heads, overlooking us, and watching every advantage against us; and therefore we should have on our armour, and be in a readiness to engage them; and so the Syriac and Ethiopic versions render it, "under", or "beneath heaven"; and the Arabic version, "in the air" (John Gill's Exposition of the Bible).



Don't get off track--focusing on people and the situations that arise, in this life. Focus on Jesus--the Author and Finisher of our faith. Remember the song, "I Will Make the Darkness Light"? Look at the lyrics: "I will make the darkness light, before thee

What is wrong, I'll make it right, before thee

All thy battles I will fight, before thee

And the high place I'll bring down



When thou walkest by the way, I'll lead thee

On the fatness of the land, I'll feed thee

And a mansion in the sky, I'll leave thee

And the high place I'll bring down



With an everlasting love, I'll love thee

Though with trials deep and sore, I'll prove thee

But there's nothing that can hurt or bruise thee


And the high place, I'll bring down



(When thou walkest by the way, I'll lead thee)

(On the fatness of the land, I'll feed thee)

And a mansion in the sky, I'll leave thee

And the high place I'll bring down.



And a mansion in the sky, I'll leave thee

And the high place I'll bring down!



We are in a battle--a hot one. It is time to choose sides--if you haven't already. It is necessary that we arm ourselves with the armor of a good soldier and fight valiantly. We have to stand against the wiles of the enemy, along with our brothers and sisters in the Body of Christ, if we will win and have victory. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. "Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Therefore, take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day and, having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girded about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness, and your feet shod with the preparation of the Gospel of peace. Above all, take the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. (Ephesians 6:11-18)



This is not a battle for the faint-hearted, it's not for sissies, but for the thugs--those who will fight to the death. I'm glad God didn't take my "thugness" from me--He just taught me to engage in battle against the proper enemy. I am still a thug. I will fight on, til' I die! My victory is certain, because I have aligned myself with Christ and I have made up my mind, that there is no turning back.



I will stand against the aversary and be "violent".



What about you?



Love & Blessings,

Lisa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does My Hate Have to Match Your Hate?

Oh, that Fire, that Tongue, that Tongue...

Who's a Failure???